How to Combine Styles
If your ceilings are high enough for a multi-element crown treatment, including it will achieve an effect that's positively regal. And you won't have to create the combinations from scratch.
To unify the design throughout the room, you'll probably use one or more of the elements in a solo role, as with the rope molding in this room. And just past the doorway of this room is an attractive built-in niche cabinet. Although this one is deeper than a standard stud bay, you can still replicate it by following the "Built-in Cabinet" instructions here on DIYadvice.com.
- Planning Your Remodeling Project
- Building Interior Walls: How to Frame & Build a Wall
- Customizing Walls: How to Customize Interior Walls
- Baseboards: How to Install Baseboard Molding
- Crown Molding: How to Cut & Install Crown Moldings
- Project Ideas
- Woodworking & Carpentry Tools
- Choosing Lumber Materials
- Woodworking Tips & Techniques
- Paint & Wood Finishing Secrets