Drywall Texturing Tools
You'll find a wide range of mechanical and manual tools for applying texture to walls and ceilings. Home centers usually have a variety of brushes in the drywall section, but you can also explore the cleaning supply aisle for more choices.
You'll need a hopper gun to shoot texture onto ceilings. This gun also will spray thinned drywall compound onto walls and ceilings. A commercial-quality airless sprayer also will apply thinned compound, and its gun is lighter and easier to handle. Although ceiling glitter is currently out of style, you can purchase the shiny particles and a manual applicator gun.
Knock down sprayed texture with a wide drywall knife. A broad wipe-down blade -- 24 inches or wider -- scrapes oversprayed texture material from unmasked walls after you shoot the ceiling.
- Artistic Drywall Styles & Elements
- Drywall Materials & Supplies
- Framing Basics for Walls & Ceilings
- Drywall Measuring & Cutting
- Basic Drywall Hanging: How to Hang Drywall
- Drywall Taping, Joint Compounds & Sanding
- Advanced Drywall Techniques
- Decorative & Special Drywall Finishes
- How to Repair Drywall: Patching & Repairing Walls and Ceilings